home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Open House Sunday

European Tudor
This fine home was built in 1920 in the North Highland neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia.
It was recently updated. I love the color scheme of the outside of the house including the blue front door.
 
A wonderful flagstone walk welcomes you.
 Inside it's decorated in fun colors and whimsical touches.
What do you think of those lime green curtains?
 Very pretty kitchen. I think that is birds on the back splash. That is weird.
 I love all the windows in this house.

 I embraced the lime curtains but these curtains....mmmm...no...I don't care for them.
Birds flying overhead in the stairway are charming.
 I'd love to see the bathrooms in this house and all the other rooms. But alas, this is all they showed.
I love the view of the backyard through the quaint gate.

See the full listing here.

9 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

Well... The house does looks like a Storybook Castle and the exterior is lovely, though not a style I'd pick.
The interior decor looks like it was created by someone who struggles with a neutral conservative style but actually yearns for a colorful creative life.
I think if they repainted and put up different drapes and bedding, it could be much fun and friendly.
Thanks for the Open House!
(ps... just found your email!)
xoxo

Junkchiccottage said...

Gorgeous home. It would be like living in a storybook.
Soooo pretty.
Happy Easter Nita.
Kris

Pondside said...

It looks like it's been transplanted from the English countryside. The line green and checked curtains are a bit much for me!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Very Pretty! I love the door color the most. Happy Easter!

CIAO

Unknown said...

I think the owner loves birds. They were a recurring theme throughout the home (custom painted 'bird' tiles in kitchen, birds flying above the stairwell, and long-legged bird statuettes on buffet in the dining room). There were a few things I wouldn't done in my home but I appreciate that this owner spent time and effort making it her personal 'nest'.

Ah, I wish I could transport myself to the bucolic English countryside like this Atlanta homeowner endeavoured to do!

Donna said...

The outside of the house is so pretty with window boxes,aqua doors & elegant trim. The interior is spacious and full of natural light . Overall it looks like it would be a joy to live there. Thanks for the tour and Happy Easter!

Vicki said...

I wouldn't have thought to paint the front door blue, but it really adds to that storybook feel. Wouldn't it be a dream to decorate (with a dream budget)? Love the garden potential, too. Hope you had a Happy Easter!

Amy Chalmers said...

Its an enchanting style home but I bet its dark so they wanted to use those bright colors to add cheer. I think the birds are weird though...feels like an Alfred Hitchcock moment. maybe if they were painted lime green it would be whimsical....

Vintage Style Gal said...

Thanks so much for this post!! Our home looks a lot like this one and I have gotten a lot of inspiration from the outdoor photos... love the door color, really everything outside and inside... thanks again!