home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, December 22, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #177

I adore the paint finish on the walls in this obviously old house.
The simplicity of the tree is refreshing. 
Speaking of a simple tree....mine is very simple. 
Right now it only has lights on it and that may be as far as it gets this year.
Or I might decorate it on Christmas Eve...since that might be the first chance I have to finish.
 Mary of Orphans with Makeup painted a buffet I admire very much.
But I love the way she styled this shot too. A perfect mix of natural and vintage.
Victoria at Trois Petites Filles painted a fabulous dresser and made it even more fabulous!
 Nicki of Tshirt and Jeans shared her Holiday decorations and I'm in love with 
this strand of shiny brite ornaments drooped across a map.
Su at Butterfly and Bungalow created the loveliest of Christmas decor in her home this year.
I'd like to sit for hours in that room above. It's so calm and dear.  
I'm in love with Mallori's dining room of Vintage Finds.
Love the brick wall with the rustic bits of white furniture and can we talk about those lamps?
I'm really loving those lamps. I've been wanting to do different lamps on my buffet and perhaps
I need something like these. 
 Jamie at So Much Better with Age gave us a tour of her home all 
done up for Christmas. There were many vignettes I loved but this 
tree built out of urns was a fave. 
Her living room is such a serenely decorated room too with everything in neutrals and white.
Darrielle of DD's Cottage and Design did another magical transformation.
You must see the before...it was hideous! 
I think that photo of the little boxwood wreath against the painted blue rustic surface 
is just about perfect. 

 Jody of Southern Seazons created the perfect spot to enjoy this joyful season on her front porch. 
I was so inspired by this...I went hunting or my own plaid blanket for my porch.
 Pamela of Pennsylvania French shared her fireplace.
It is very french, isn't it?
Just look at Cathy's super cute mantel over at Vintage Paint and More!
 Ok, now we all know where the Sugar Plum Fairy lives at Christmas. 
She lives at Penny's Vintage Home. This is just a whirlwind of sweet Christmas confection.
Cecilia of My Thrift store Addiction has a wonderful tour of her home all 
decked for Christmas. Of course I love this silver serving dish loaded with vintage ornaments.

Please join in this week's Mod Mix Monday!

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


24 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Nita for Mod Mix Monday and Happy Christmas.
Joy

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Holiday.

ANNE said...

Lovely features! Merry Christmas Nita!

southern seazons said...

Thank you so much for featuring my front porch. It is nice to hear that it inspired you. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Merry Christmas Nita! Love all the beautiful homes here! Anita

Nicki said...

Thank you for the feature Nita! I love the simplicity of that tree too. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for the party each week!!

Merry Christmas!!

Hugs,
Deb

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting!
Merry Christmas!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Christmas fireplace! Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas ....hugs...

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Merry Christmas to you and the weenies!

Mallori said...

Thanks for featuring my dining room this week! I actually found my buffet lamps at a consignment store and lucked up. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I have been ill so I have nothing to share today but I love all the features and links. Merry Christmas and thank you for all the link parties that help to grow my blog. You are the best!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Such gorgeous, gorgeous photos, Nina. I'm in love with that first room. The consoles... the trees make from urns and serving trays... the confection etcetera... Merry Christmas, and thank you for bringing us such wonderful, beautiful decor to look at all year, including that last feature. Also, thank you for featuring my indoor porch. xoox Su

DD's Cottage said...

Great party and thanks for the feature of my dresser Nita! Merry Christmas!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Thanks for the party.
Merry Christmas.
Denise

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh my goodness! The features make me want to decorate my home all over again! Thanks so much for hosting this week and all year long, Nita. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
~Vickie

Unknown said...

Thanks for the party Nita. I wish for you a Merry Christmas!

Julianne said...

Great blog♥Merry Christmas!

How about follow each other?
I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Nita - Thank you for continuing to inspire us with all these great images and so grateful to have been included amongst them. Merry Christmas.
Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

Pamela said...

Nita:

Thank you so much for featuring my living room/fireplace - I'm honored.

Merry Christmas!

Pamela
Pennsylvania French

My thrift store addiction said...

Merry Christmas! Thanks so much for featuring my Thrifty Little Christmas tour! Blessings, Cecilia

Laurel Stephens said...

I think decorating your tree on Christmas Eve sounds lovely. Lights are the best part, anyway! :) Your featured photos are stunning. Thank you for hosting your party!

Karena said...

All so beautifully decorated Nita!! Thank you for sharing!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Ann Marie said...

Hi, Nita, Thanks for hosting this link party. It's always a delight to go through such creative ideas. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com