home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Open House Sunday

California Craftsman
built 1922
 sweet little bungalow
 many original details in this home
 starting at the front door
I love those room dividers - columns - bookcases. 
They are typical to bungalows and really add charm. 
 wonderful built-in in the dining room

 This house is sparsely furnished and decorated.
Love their choice of art in this room.
 But Oh...My I love this kitchen!
Look at that vintage stove!
 Love that they didn't tear out the original cabinets.


 cute little bath


 Adore this bathroom!
 And it doesn't get any better than that bed....super pretty!




 Cute little house out back.

see full listing here

Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement from my post of the other day.
It's taken me a week of nothing to feel like starting to do something again.

I went to see




It was delightful. Be sure to see on a full stomach.
I'd just had Thai buffet so I was good.
This movie made me feel like I'd been on a mini vacation to France.
I love movies like that...where you get to totally immerse yourself in another place.
I wish there were more of them.

After the movie my friend Deidra and I went to TJ Maxx and bought fancy soap.
I got one that smells of the ocean and coconut.
Now I can have a mini vacation every time I take a shower. 

It's the little things.
The very littlest of little things that can make you happy.

15 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

Cute house! I love the Jenny Lind bed-I painted one pink for my daughter when she was younger and it reminded me of that her bed. Happy job search!

vintage girl at heart said...

The movie looks so good.
Love that home too. So simple and elegant.
Have a great week.

Stacey said...

We are going to that movie today - can't wait! Now if I could just talk my husband into TJ Maxx. :) Won't happen!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling like your old self again. I love the beautiful house you have shown. Take care!

Cindi Myers said...

So glad to read that you are in better spirits!
I love love love this house!
Especially all the Art work.
Very cool.
The only thing I would change is the front yard. My yard used to look like that and finally I dug it all up. I just couldn't handle the out of control look any longer.
and you are right, it's the little things. ;)
xoxo

Debby said...

I went back to see your last post since I missed it. So sorry that I did. I think that really stinks. I don't like jobs that go by commissions. Didn't you work at Pier One before this job. I remember how you really seemed to like it. Could you get back on there. You will find something as you have such a good eye for decorating. Just sorry that you have to look. I feel bad that it hit you that hard. I am sure it would have been the same for me. Lovely cottage.

ANNE said...

love love love this house!! All of it, so adorable! and thanks for the movie review, too!

SewSweetVIntage said...

Pretty! Love the built-in hutch!!! Stop over and see my tiny kitchen tour:)

Unknown said...

this house is really nice, there are so many little details which make it looks great.Love these red chairs, the office is awesome, so clear and simple, backyard is to dream for!
According to your review this film is really good so i will watch is very soon.

Chiswick Carpet cleaning

Unknown said...

Your bedroom is dreamy and gorgeous! Love all the white and vintage pieces. Would love for you to share at this week's Fridays Unfolded!
Decor Inspiration for your Bedroom

pogonip said...

Love the turquoise Jenny Lind bed and might have one in my future--I think anyone would have sweet dreams in such a delicious colorway.

Yes, work IS over-rated--said the girl who has to go back to teaching next week and loves summer vacay.

And I'm delighted you're feeling more chipper. We're all pulling for you, Nita!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Adorable house! I just love the light airy feel of the all white rooms!

Kit said...

I love how you think. The little things. :) Kit

HollyM said...

I keep myself stocked in fragrant soaps I've bought at Marshall's or Ross, etc. Before I use them in the bath, I tuck them into my lingerie drawers and linen closet. You're right - - it's the little things.

CeCe said...

You have made me want to move into this house in LA! I have never wanted to live in LA! Lovely...Thanks for the tour.