home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Open House Sunday

Classic Mediterranean
in the Ansley Park neighborhood of Atlanta.
This house looks old and takes it cues from vintage mediterranean houses but it was built in 2008.
Lovely front porch with arches and arched doors.
The decor when you first come in the door is very formal. I love the big moldings.
A lovely room to sit and enjoy listening to a piano.  
The formal dining room is small and just off the foyer. For some reason I really love that tall 
black cabinet. 
I normally don't care for black furniture and it seems like it would be too big in this space and 
yet I really like it.
Even the office is rather formal but pretty!
Then the house changes, this den is much more casual. Notice the planked ceiling?
 It turns up in several rooms of this home.
What do you think of it? I think it's not right for a Mediterranean style house.
 This room has an eating area as well.
A zinc topped table surrounded by velvet slipped chairs.
The ceiling continues into the kitchen as this is all part of the same big room.
I do love the finishes in the ktichen. All except the ceiling. I just think it's too distracting.
I'm very surprised that this house has a galley style kitchen. You rarely see that in new construction.
At first I was like....what are those hideous big orange things? But then I realized this is the media room
and they look pretty darn comfortable.  
 
This is a sweet room.
The tile in this bathroom is a surprise. 
This one too...a nod to the Mediterranean style. But I'll say...I don't really care for it. 
 Love everything about this bedroom.
 Another bath..this one matches the more formal rooms of the house.
 I assume this is the master. Nice big bed. 
I do have to say that I think ceilings like this are silly in a bedroom. 
Save them for the great room.

 I believe this is a side patio.
Upstairs balcony looks over the pool.
 
Really nice outdoor space. But where is the green? I gotta have green.
The houses on either side look to be vintage. 
I wonder what sort of house got torn down to build this home.
Oh...I could spend some time in front of the fire here.

See full listing here.

I hope you are in a warm place this cold Sunday.

7 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

Hi Nita,
I really like many elements of this home. It does feel like a tear down, but well done for today's modern needs. I agree with you on the master bedroom ceiling. I think another choice would have enhanced the room. Other wise I really like the size and scale of this home.
Sharon

MyFavoriteFrenchAntiques said...

The zinc top shaped table with velvet slipped chairs looks like the perfect way to entice family and friends to linger around the table.

Razmataz said...

I think maybe they were trying for that pecky cypress type of ceiling popular is Spanish/Mediterranean Revival homes, but instead of being subtle and innate, it looks forced and contrived and distracts from the lovely parts of the house. Very nicely done house though in many ways.

Cindi Myers said...

Technically, it's very nice but for some reason nothing made me crazy with envy.
Well, maybe the pool.
:) you know me and swimming pools.
Yep, very nice but not what I'd spend millions on if I had it.

Jojo said...

Loving the pool.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

About the only thing I like about this house is the pool. And the outdoor living room soace. The other rooms just aren't my taste at all and they could have decorated this SO pretty. A shame. But everyone has their own taste:)

Pondside said...

I love the porches and balcony, and my favourite room would have to be the office - gorgeous!