home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Open House Sunday

Dallas Tudor Cottage
 built 1944 - rebuilt 2007
When I first saw this house I thought it was a new one but it said built 1944.
After I uploaded all these photos I went back to the description of the home and found
that it was torn down to the foundation and rebuilt in 2007.
I probably wouldn't have shown this home if I'd read that before I uploaded all these photos.
I prefer original homes. I don't like vintage houses to be town down and replaced with new.
But....I'd already uploaded all these and it is a pretty house...so let's just go with it.
 Very pretty curb appeal. I adore the french doors on the front of this house.
I'd love to do that with my own house...tear out a window and turn it into french doors instead.
But that would never be allowed in my neighborhood.
 No doubt that everything about this house is pretty.
But it looks built to look old rather than being authentic.
 Inside the layout is definitely modern.
 This house is staged. I'd love to see it with real accessories in it. 
The accessories here are very lame. 
 This is a cozy room. I hate big leather sofas.
 There are the french doors we see on the front of the house. Love that feature.
 Very nice kitchen. I think the choice of light fixture very odd. 
It seems to be the only vintage thing in the house and not right for the space at all.
 Kitchen is open to the living room not typical for a 1944 house but then this is really a 2007 house.
Great big master...yuck...leather bed.
 Two cute bedrooms under the eaves. I can imagine these all dressed up.
 Bathrooms are rather boring in layout. 
You'd think they could have done better seeing that they started from scratch.
 These cabinets are just not inspired at all. 
Walls of mirrors and lots of boring beige.
 Back porch feels very new. Of course I think there should have been french doors instead of windows.
 Small balcony upstairs is a nice touch but a big deck would have been better.
 I do love the look of the garage. There is a little apartment included there.
Here is the inside of it. Cute...huh?

See the full listing here.

This post is late getting up cause I went to a big Christmas party last night and was too tired to post last night. 
I almost didn't go because I'd worked in the afternoon and came home and was cozy at home.
But I forced myself out and was so glad I did. I saw lots of old friends and ate and drank lots of good Christmas goodies. 
Once I was there I couldn't believe I'd thought about not going. 

Hope you are having a great Sunday!



8 comments:

ANNE said...

It's HUGE! It looks so small from the front... love that garage apartment too

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm glad you both went to the party and enjoyed yourself. I agree. The house to me seems to have rooms far too big for that era. But as you say, of course it is new. I would have thought the owners would have had engaged an architect who would have built it more in keeping with the original build and the neighborhood. I like the apartment better!
Brenda

Cindi Myers said...

I like the apartment better too!
I wish there were more photos of that in the listing.
And that's crazy that they put in windows rather than french doors.
So sad that they leveled the original home. :(
But it is very nice for a new house.
I'm very glad to read that you went to the party and had fun! You just never know! and sometimes you just have to step out of your comfort zone....Hahahahaha! I'm laughing because I'm a hermit and hate going anywhere.
xoxo - Cindi

Pondside said...

I agree with you about almost every comment you made on this house. Leather bed - yuck!

bj said...

Shoot, man...I'd take this house, move into it and live happily ever after....old, new...makes me no difference. This is one beautiful, spacious house...LOVE IT...

Dewena said...

Pretty front of house and darling apartment.

So glad you did go to party, that's important too!

Unknown said...

I wonder if there was something wrong with the house or it burnt to the ground? What ever the reason, I agree it looks new trying to look old.
I personally don't like the whole open concept mania that is going on. I don't want to see every room from the front door.
Thanks for sharing this home, I always love your Open House Sunday.
Glad you had a wonderful time at the party.
Traci

Cindy said...

I agree with all of your remarks regarding this house. I would love to see it decorated by someone like you. It needs some character!