home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, November 18, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #128

File This!
I never dreamt a gray filing cabinet could look so chic. 
Now I want one by my bed, on wheels too.
Everything in this photo is so salvage junk chic!

Lots of good things in last week's Mod Mix Monday.
Here are my favorites...
Connie at Hill House Homestead made herself a fall wreath out of an old rake.
Love it!
Kim of Living Vintage revealed her new vintage master bath. 
Isn't that piece of furniture perfect for a vanity?
I love the exposed conduit too between the electrical plug-ins.
I also love the mirror she used and how she hung it half over the beadboard.
Lianne of Hanbury House is busy taking her 1940's home back to it's retro splendor.
See that bath above? Looks original, doesn't it?
It's not. Her house had some unfortunate renovations in the past and she is taking it back to it's roots.
I love how this tile looks like it's from decades ago. The whole bath is spot on!
Melinda of The Refeathered Roost set up an early Thanksgiving table outside.
Oh..it's the perfect setting for a fall meal. I hope the weather holds so she can actually have dinner out there.
Amy of The Blissful Bee wanted an entry area in her small home.
She took a tiny little wall by the door, added some things from around the house and made one.
Crazy thing is...this area looks way bigger now that she has stuff in it.
And it's functional!
Debra of Common Ground showed off her new burlap table runner.
She gathered up her brown transferware and created a fall vignette complete with vintage olive bucket
and pumpkin.

I worked a lot at the store this past weekend like 16 hours.
Everyone is in full holiday mode now.
I love helping people pick out their china, placemats, chargers and napkins for their Thanksgiving tables.

We just got these cheese markers in at Pier 1.
Not quite as pretty as the Pottery Barn ones...but I like it that they actually have real cheese names on them.
They'd look great combined with this wood cutting board also from Pier 1.

Can't wait to see what you are doing this week as everyone gets ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
So many wonderful ideas swirling around in Blogland, aren't there?
More and more every year.


Share your new mixes below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.




20 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting each week!

Hugs,
Debbie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Great features, Nita! I love the blue retro bathroom!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for featuring my outdoor Thanksgiving table, Nita! Love the other features. Hope you have a wonderful week.

LivingVintage said...

Thank you so much for featuring my master bathroom makeover. I'm proud to see it displayed among the other lovely picks for this week.

Hill House Homestead said...

Thank you for featuring my Wreath!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

It is so much fun seeing what everyone is doing each week - love the features.... thank you so much for hosting. Have a wonderful week... Cathy

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting the party!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great features! I will visit a couple. Thank you so much dear Nita for sauch a wonderful party.
Have a lovely week.
FABBY

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Love Melinda's tablescape! Have a pretty week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Laura S Reading said...

What wonderful features. I will have to check more of them out!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks for hosting Nita, as always, great features. Have a lovely week.
Joy

Dewena said...

I like that filing cabinet too! Just goes to show that you can find pretty things at all kind of stores if you only have an imaginative eye.

Great inspiration in all of this week's submissions!

Debra@CommonGround said...

totally love that file cabinet! thanks so much for the feature, Nita!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at HOme

Thanks so much for hosting, Nita!
Have a great week,
Suzanne

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

So many great features . Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Nita! Love that cutting board. So glad to be joining you this week! Thanks so much!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Nita -- thought of you at Marshall's the other day when I almost bought cheese markers! They were on spoon (or fork) handles with actual cheese names. Alas, even at Marshall's I have to watch the budget (sigh...)

Unknown said...

Beautiful decor! Great party! I would love it if you would stop by and link your party to our directory. http://www.mypersonalaccent.com/linky-party-directory/

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love the bathroom make-overs you featured!

Cindi Myers said...

I just realized that I didn't leave you a comment about how great this post is! I was too busy checking out the great links!
Thanks for another great Mod Monday!