home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Turquoise and Orange

Fall Inspiration
Gorgeous colors in this photo, yes?
I love turquoise but never thought I cared much about orange.
But they sure are a beautiful color combination as seen in these rooms.
Orange and turquoise are very glamourous in this dining room setting.
And an orange island in the kitchen sure adds some punch.
I love anything painted this color but the addition of the orange accessories 
and the orange chairs just makes this room divine.
Love this room with the wall color an that red orange chandelier.
Orange keeps turquoise from being too sweet.
It can get too sweet if used with pink...although I do love it with pink.
Those bird prints are magnificent especially with those walls.
This room is so cozy yet vibrant.
Brown, turquoise, orange and white. 
A great color palette.
And painting the inside of these shelves sure make that whole built-in fresh.
Love the orange velvet chair.

I ignore orange most of the year...except in October...all of a sudden it's very pretty to me.
I can see how it could be incorporated into decor that would be fun to live
with year round.
Not just at Halloween time.

Although it is so good at Halloween.
Even though many these days are throwing it out all together and doing white and black Halloweens.
A turquoise and orange Halloween would be fabulous,
don't you think?


8 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE that color combination!!!

Anonymous said...

It is a great color combination! It always makes me think of the old "Howard Johnson" Restaurants. At one time they seemed to be the only restaurant chain along the highway, during summer vacations. :-) Blogless Peggy, Turtlemss@aol.com

Cindi Myers said...

OK, this brought a BIG smile to my face! In my teenage years, my bedroom was Turquoise and Orange. The bedspread Turquoise, the shams both colors and most of the accessories Orange.
Sigh...I LOVED that room.

Amy Chalmers said...

I am not a big orange fan~but I can live with coral which is more pink...its like the blue cabinet Betsy has with the coral interior~stunning!

Pam @ Frippery said...

I start craving orange at the end of August and right through to December. My powder room is orange and spa blue so I can get my fix all year.

lvroftiques said...

It's like Hermes with Tiffanys isn't it?! What could be wrong oui? *winks* I LOVE that orange interior in that last shot...I have a feeling though that I would love any color you might care to add to that cabinet...It's gorgeous! Vanna

Heidi said...

I've loved orange for a long time and am glad to see people finally coming around to it! :) When I have the time and money, I want to re-decorate my bedroom (currently a hodgepodge) in orange, turquoise and apple green. Great pics, especially the built-in.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Gorgeous color combination of orange and turquoise--very inspirational photos you included in your post!