home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dog Fashions

All Smiles from Miss Payslee
Today we have a fashion show of sorts.
The latest in dog fashions modeled by the fabulous and famous Payslee.
Payslee is the shitzu daughter of my friend KC.
Payslee has more pretty dresses than many little human girls.
A dress for every occasion.
Notice those eyelashes. Have you ever seen such long ones?
This is Payslee when she was little.
She had some wild eyes.
Here's Pays and her brother Sawyer.
Sawyer doesn't like to wear clothes.
Payslee is famous in certain circles because she has a job. 
She is a therapy dog and spends time volunteering at different convalescent homes every week. 
She takes her job very seriously and that is why she must have a large wardrobe.
Her fans expect it of her.
Of course she has a special Christmas dress. Oh heck...she has many Christmas dresses.
No clothes in this photo but look at her eyelashes!
She was cute on Halloween this year.
My favorite was when she dressed as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz.
A fairy princess.
Here she is dressed for St. Patrick's Day.
Have you noticed that she puts on that same smile in every photo?
As soon as you get the camera out she's ready to say cheese!
She automatically puts on her smiley face.
She is not panting in these photos...she is smiling.
Payslee is super smart and very well behaved.
She listens to everything her Mom says and follows instructions very well.
I tell her Mom that she is not a dog but a hairy faced little girl.
Poor little Payslee, this is how she gets her water....she uses a giant water bottle and drinks like a hamster. 
KC says this helps keep her face from being wet all the time but I feel it's just humiliating.
Please it's just not dignified to drink your water like this!
Poor puppy! But she doesn't seem to mind.
I recently was over at KC's house and her husband Jordan told me about how embarrassing it was when the cable guy came to the house. 
KC was away with the dogs and he let the cable guy in and guided him to where the spot was for cable access. This involved opening the closet where Payslee's sixty plus dress hang.
The cable guy said...."Oh, got a little girl...huh?"
Jordan said, "No, I wish. Those are dog clothes."
The cable guy just shook his head in sympathy.

Myself, I'm not really one to dress my dogs. 
Oh...they have Halloween costumes that they never wear but I've seen Payslee in her dresses. 
She enjoys it. She likes wearing them and having everyone 
tell her how pretty she is in them. Who could deny her this pleasure?
Certainly not her Mom.
She just keeps adding to her wardrobe.
You can read about Payslee on her Mom's blog at 

Doesn't Payslee have a great smile?

17 comments:

KC Sheperd said...

I can't decide if I should be flattered by this, or ashamed! lol.. I recenly got Miss Pays a OKC Thunder dress, and Yes, Jordan is probably going to be embarrassed by that too!! I should dd, that Miss Pays ONLY wears dresses on her therapy visits. I'm not "that guy" that has her wear clothes at home, or PJ's to bed, lol. She seems to know that when you puts on her sassy dresses that its time to strut her stuff, and love on the elderly people.

As for her water bottle.. you have seen her.. she has the option to drink from a bowl if she wants, but she's a diva that only wants her bottle so her face isn't all wet and yucky!

That you for showing her off. I'm so proud of her. She is truy my pride and joy, and I am obsessed with her. She loves you!!

NanaDiana said...

How sweet and you can tell that she is well-loved. I think it is fun and no kid is arguing about not wanting to wear THAT today!;>) Blessings to Payslee and her Mom! xo Diana

The enchanted home said...

OMG this is the cutest post I have seen in ages. What a little fashion diva, she seems to love strutting her stuff. TOO CUTE!

Teresa said...

What a pampered little puppy. she has style.
Why not have a little fun.
Happy day

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Well I never know what you will come up with next Nita, and you have outdone yourself this time. That is the darnedest thing I have ever seen! What a precious little dog. You really have the most fun friends!

Laura said...

Paylsee is so cute. It is wonderful that she is a therapy dog. I'm sure the people look forward to her visits. Holding a sweet doggie and getting unconditional love from them is the best therapy in the world.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I think she is adorable and I love her clothes
also like her water bottle faucet
keeps her face fresh

Unknown said...

Great story. Loved the photos and I think the batter bottle idea is fantastic! My mom's dogs always have gross, wet faces. What a clever solution.

Cindi Myers said...

What a pretty girl!
You can see how happy she is and very much loved. I can just imagine her getting excited about putting on one of her outfits! and what lovely hair! I have a couple of Shih-Tzu's (among the other breeds that I have) and I always wish that I could grow their hair out like that but then I end up clipping it short for easy care.
I used to dress up my dogs when I only had 2 small ones, now I'd have a "puddle" before I got everyone's coat on to go outside.
(That doesn't mean that I don't have a drawer full of outfits though! LOL!)
Love this post!

Brenda Pruitt said...

She does have a great smile. But get the dog a water bowl! She has a very important job, and good karma will come her way for it.
Brenda

Amy Chalmers said...

this was a fun post, I have a shih tzu too, but I can't imagine him cooperating to be in clothing. I loved see Payslee in her outfits I will say~its cute if she likes it, and I guess she does!! I laughed out loud at the water bottle like a hamster, but it works!

Nita Stacy said...

To everyone concerned about the water drinking situation...I should have explained that there is always a bowl of water too but both dogs prefer it out of the hamster bottle! They don't like it out of the bowl. KC gets mad every time when I talk about how sorry I feel for them drinking out of that thing. KC is just as obsessed with her dogs as I am mine. They are everything to her. When she got Payslee her friends through a Puppy Shower for her and that dog made out better than most babies.

Nita Stacy said...

To everyone concerned about the water drinking situation...I should have explained that there is always a bowl of water too but both dogs prefer it out of the hamster bottle! They don't like it out of the bowl. KC gets mad every time when I talk about how sorry I feel for them drinking out of that thing. KC is just as obsessed with her dogs as I am mine. They are everything to her. When she got Payslee her friends through a Puppy Shower for her and that dog made out better than most babies.

Bev said...

So so cute! Those little outfits slay me! I got Lola a sweater and she's so "big boned" that I had to let it out! Thanks for sharing...that's adorable!

Cheery wave from Bev

http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Payslee is highly cute (and I think she knows it, too!) She does have a charming smile--a gorgeous dog. I haven't known any dogs who would allow themselves to be dressed, so this is a pretty unique situation, but she seems very happy. I bet she is a hit as a therapy dog! The toy breeds are very smart, at least in my experience with them, and I bet she takes her therapy job rather seriously.

Garfield Refining History Of Gold said...

I have never seen a Thunder dress. It should look like at OC team Thunder jersey and a Thunder Shirt. It could be some really good Miss Pays dog fashion.

Garfield Refining History Of Gold said...

Enter your zip code here