home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, July 30, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #61

Pink!!!!
This room shows that pink does not have to be dainty or sweet.
It's a bold statement in this room.
What makes it work?
White walls, dark wood, small punches of turquoise in combination with the strong pink.

Here's what I liked from last week's Mod Mix Monday.
Angie at Knick of Time Interiors is busy adding little touches to her kitchen like this.
A vintage metal tote holds her ironstone collection on these cute shelves she recently made.
Tricia of The Little Cottage on the Pond showed off her redone kitchen.
It's so light and airy!
Jen of City Farmhouse shared her beautiful dining room.
It's a mix of old, new, thrifted and DIY.
Marilyn of Shabby Redo for You painted this pretty shabby white vanity.
I love this kind of furniture.
Anne of Design Dreams by Anne has been transforming her
kitchen one piece at a time.
Again, white paint makes something dull....into something bright and pretty.


This summer is just speeding by...I can't believe it will be August this week.
My friend Shannon got to FINALLY go home from the hospital.
She is doing much much better but still has a long way to go.
It's just so good to have her back home.

As always I so enjoy seeing what everyone is doing out there when they link up their 
posts each week. 
I love it and yet I'm envious of all the things you get done and the great stuff you make or buy.
But keep em coming and link up below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

12 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so very much for hosting!
Glad to hear that your friend is doing better..

Hugs,
Debbie

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Nita!

vintage girl at heart said...

Good to hear that your friend was able to go home. That is always a good feeling..to be back home in your own bed! I wll keep her in my prayers.
I have followed a few of the links already and love everything I see! Also found some good blogs and wonderful inspiration!
Have a great week..stay cool.

Amy Chalmers said...

Love the pink room~now show me your island or your potting bench Nita!!!

ANNE said...

Thanks so much for the feature Nita! Have a wonderful week xox

Bev said...

I love your photos! You have an awesome blog! Yes, I live in OKC (don't know if I told you or not). Pets and People is one of my pet places because I got Lola there. They have a little girl weenie mix that has been there for over a year. I can't figure out why unless the "black dog" syndrome carries over to little dogs. Since you are a "ween lover", please keep her in mind if someone asks you about a dog to adopt! Her name is Little Miss. Have a great day...try to stay cool...we are going to get to 107 they say.

Cheery wave from Bev

http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you so very much:)! Beautiful picks this week. I hope you are having a wonderful summer. If i have anything link worthy I will pop back over:).Jen

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Nita :) Beautiful features! Have a lovely Summer :) Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Cindi Myers said...

Dang! I must be sick in the head. I just read the comment from Bev and HAD to check out that site. If you go get Little Miss, grab "Oscar" for me and send him my way! He's 13! Jeez, just my kind of dog.(Why do I look, it breaks my heart!)
Anyway. I do love that pink, it's pretty but not frilly.
And, I agree. I love seeing what everyone does but I sometimes feel envious that they have the time and energy (and resources) but I'm also happy that there are so many people out there making their houses into homes.
XOXO - Cindi

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thank you for hosting! Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Scribbler said...

Thanks for the party! Glad your friend is better.

I love that pink room especially, but your other features are lovely too.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Hi Nita: Thank you for hosting the party today. I love the pink room as well as the features--they're all so beautiful! Glad your friend is feeling better, too. Have a wonderful week!