home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #52

Cheerio...Old Chap!
I ran upon this room the other day and just thought it the most delightful mix of things.
Lots of white of course with white board walls and floral curtains and chippy white paint everywhere.
This room just makes me happy. I'd love to spend a summer day in it.
But this room would not be nearly as good if it didn't have the punch of bright pink provided
by the pillows on the sofa.
Those pillows just make the room and keep it from being boring.
Don't you think?

Here are my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday...
Angie at Knick of Time created this pretty summer flower garland vase thing.
Isn't this perfect for summer to display single flowers in your home or outside?
I'm searching around here for bottles to do this. So very pretty and casual.
Speaking of bottles, Kristin at Just Wanna Party created a spot in her garden for a romantic dinner for two.
She hung green bottles from the tree and I can just imagine how they glittered in the moonlight.
Here is another bottle idea....Aimee of Twigg Studios makes beachy twine bottles by knotting the twine around a bottle. 
Doesn't it look great with all her things and that piece of coral?
I need to do this too.
And then Musebootsi finished her kitchen! It is a happy mix of colors and things.
You will never have seen a kitchen like this before. 
Just look at those colors! 
What a pretty cheerful mix she chose to use in her vintage bungalow kitchen.

Let's see what you've been up to this last week.
If you were like me...you were busy with Memorial Day festivities and might not have accomplished much.

Please link up your Mod Mix's below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

15 comments:

MuseBootsi said...

Thank you so much for featuring my little kitchen! I'm so totally flattered because you have the dreamiest taste!

I love that you said "it is so you!" because it is! And I love that you knew that!

-Courtney!

ANNE said...

Oh how I love that living room!!! Thank you for hosting, have a wonderful week!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

That's a beautiful room! I'm lovin' the bottle theme this week. Thanks for hosting!

pandapanda said...

That is an amazing kitchen! I wish I could be so bold!

allisamazing said...

Beautiful rooms. Thanks for hosting.

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Thank you for hosting! ♥

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

So much inspiration here. I'm happy to be your newest follower. Just found you through a link at Bella Dreams and so glad I did!
Liz

Anonymous said...

LOVE the kitchen. The colors aren't my colors, but I love that there is so MUCH color, and they are gorgeous together. The more color I put in my house, the happier I am. I think that's what happens when you grow up in military housing and rentals, all with boring white walls. Still deciding if my dreary yello-orange oak cabinets want to be walnut stained or denim blue. Decisions, decisions ...

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Oh My Gorgeous! That fuschia flag pillow makes the room!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Love those green bottles hanging all around the table. Cute!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Thank you for hosting this fun link party! I love the bottles as a vase swag--pretty idea. I love that several of the featured posts show projects from creative designers who are not afraid to use color, although tempered with a good amount of neutrals.

aimee said...

Hi nita thankyou so much for featuring my jute vase tutorial. i have been a busy bee again this week and linked up some more tutorials xxxx

Ricki Treleaven said...

I think the raspberry accents in the room make it perfect. I like it, too, Nita! Super features from last week. I love that kitchen. It reminds me of Selina Lakes' Homespun Style!

Amy Chalmers said...

I love that first pic you showed (as usual)..its the shabby cottage look I find so welcoming these days...heading to the store. I want to do some wallpapering...did you see the summer palace wallpaper I got? It has pink peacocks in it!!

Shannon Fox said...

What an amazing inspiration room Nita. I love that magenta Union Jack pillow! It's fabulously girly =)