home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Farm Table

Little Farm Table in the City
Donna at Funky Junk asked to see everyone's farm tables. 
I'm late to the party but wanted to share my little farm table.
You wouldn't really expect my little city cottage to have a farm table but it does...
This little table has been with me for about 25 years bought at an estate sale for $11.
It came with this original chippy paint finish.
I did wash it really good after I bought it. 
This little table has been used mostly as a dining table in every apartment I lived in. 
It's surprisingly large when the leaves are raised.
I've always loved it's color.
Now it sits in my breakfast nook. 
I think Harvey has decided he likes to get his picture taken.
He always seems to try to get in the shot.
I couldn't resist taking a portrait. He just sat there looking up at me and let me take several. 
He's a very good boy. He's my baby. 
Of all the dogs...he's the one that I feel like we all have to take care of.
He is wondering where his food is in this shot, I'm sure.
I had to put it up because it was making Sally sick.
Sally has a delicate stomach, most dog foods make her sick.
I'd bought them new diet food, of the same brand they usually eat and it made Sally very sick.
So I had put the food up till I could get some rice in Sally's tummy so that she wouldn't eat the dog food.
A couple of days of rice and she'll be good as new and I'll get her back on the regular food.
Why did I buy the biggest bag possible of this food?
Drat...because I'm not sure how I'll keep her out of it. So I might have to throw it out. 
Or take to a shelter that will need it.
It's hard when you have four dogs that all have different food needs.
Harvey desperately needs diet food. 
Violet and Newman can eat anything and they just nibble so they don't get overweight.
Then Sally, nibbles too but many foods cause her gastric distress.
I just got this huge glass cloche. A month or so ago I was lucky and won a giveaway
from Therese at
If you haven't been by Therese's blog...you must...
She has the most exquisite taste. Here is an example of what you'll see there
This is her recently purchased buffet that compliments her dining room and large collection of 
coral and sea fans. Her home is so fabulous. She always has an unusual unexpected spin on decor. 
I'd say...Unexpected yet Beautiful. She always has great ideas.
Therese's living room...beyond gorgeous!

So through La Dolfina...I won a $100 gift certificate from 

Have you shopped there? They have like three specials a day. Discounts on high end home goods.
So I'd been watching their sales for weeks and one day this popped up.
I'd been wanting a large glass cloche for a long time so I snapped this up.
See...only 7 left when I bought!
I mainly wanted this for display at Halloween and Christmas but I popped a fern under it for today's photos.
It's really a big one and turned out it fit perfectly over a silver platter 
I'd picked up for $1 recently at a junk shop.

I'm sure it will be showing up on the blog quite a bit in the future filled with all kinds of things. 
I'm still shopping Joss and Main looking for that special thing to spend the rest of my $100 on.

So much fun to shop for free.

sharing at


19 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love your sweet blue drop leaf table. It is perfect for a breakfast nook.

Danielle

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Love your cloche...I'm hosting a giveaway right now. Come on over and enter. Maybe you'll get lucky and win again! ~Ann

Finding Home said...

Cute table and love the bowls in the background, but mostly I love your sweet dog, you can see right into his soul with those eyes!

Take care,
Laura

Dawn said...

Nita, I love the cloche, you have inspired me to buy one. I love how it looks on your beautiful farmtable...just lovely. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xoxo Your dog's nose is too cute. xo

"Create Beauty" said...

OH! I've been wanting a cloche like that! It looks lovely on your table.

I've added to my party post, please come by and see the dog in her wedding attire : )

Enjoyed your wedding hat images, wasn't that a hoot seeing all the wonderful (and strange) hats?!?

~ Violet

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

cute farm table!

The enchanted home said...

That farm table is soooo sweet, like its just waiting for a tray of warm muffins and freshly picked berries and a glass pitcher of fresh milk! Love it......and your dog, too cute!! Those eyes!

Amy Chalmers said...

Your blue farm table looks so cute in the dining nook. I love all the McCoy (?) dishes piled up behind it. Photo stylist extraordinaire! I think the shape of the cloche is beautiful and the platter it sits on is the perfect match. Love that little dainty fern too. As always, you get it right!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Nita....sheer beauty! THAT DOG IS SPLENDID! ANd your friend's living room? LIKE OURS except we are waiting to put in our exposed beams as well. SUch beauty here....HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!! Anita

Comeca Jones said...

OMG It is perfect!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Ohhhh that table is adorable and perfectly placed as always!

Donna

Ricki Treleaven said...

How cute! The color and size are perfect for the little nook. Too, too cute!

Unknown said...

The table is a lovely piece, and such a great colour. I really like the built in corner cabinet, and the really neat colours of the bowl collection.

Unknown said...

That table is a sweet piece and I love the cloche as well!! I would love it if you would link this up to my party A Marvelous Mess....each week I pick one project to feature on my sidebar!! Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/05/marvelous-mess-11.html

Carolyn said...

I love your farm table and the cloche too!

Carolyn

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Great looking table and the color is sweet too. Your puppy looks like a real love. . .so cute.

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

What a great table! The blue w/ the white chairs is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried MediCal Gastro Intestinal dog food? You can get it at the Vet, it comes in dry food as well as canned. My little one had horrible issues then I switched her to medical and instantly all problems were gone. It is pricey but well worth it!

Linda Hartong said...

The cloches are a wonderful way to showcase. I saw several large ones at the garden shop yesterday, but resisted.