home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Long Winter....

Perhaps
Hoping to find out how many more weeks of winter we have left.
I tried to send my resident Groundhog "Harvey" out on Groundhog Day to see if he could see his shadow.
He refused.
Probably not worth the trouble because I don't think he can see behind himself anyway.
He doesn't bend that way.

To be fair...he and Newman and Violet have been venturing out on the deck to potty.
Sally? 
Well, we won't talk about Sally. She has been difficult to say the least.
Today, he did go out into the yard.
But quickly hurried back.
Violet, on the other hand, was all about going out for a walk in the snow.
Where she acquired....
a snow mustache!

Ok, I did it....


I've had several requests about Mod Vintage Life being on Facebook.
So I've set up a page.
I had put off doing this...because I kind of thought my group of facebook friends and family really didn't care about what Mod Vintage Life was doing...but....everyone including facebook friends and family keep asking me for it.

This does not mean I will twitter. Yes, I have a twitter account.
But unless I want all of you to meet me somewhere...I am probably not going to twitter you. 
I'd be most likely to twitter at 3am anyway.

Do you want me to twitter? 
I wasn't going to facebook but had so many requests that I did.
I guess if you force me...I'll tweet.


16 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

We had an ice storm yesterday, and my Westie looked at me like I had three heads when I wanted her to go out last night down the icy stairs. I had to carry her to the icy grass! She could not get back inside quickly enough!

Amy Chalmers said...

Ha Ha! I will tweet with you on the rare occasion if you join up twitter. I hooked up Penny's blog with one of the authors she featured in her blog this week and he went over and left her a comment!I have yet to do Facebook and don't think I will.
The dogs are fickle about snow, I have one who loves it and one who hates it....violet looks adorable!

Betty said...

My little doxie always checks out the weather before going out....she cautiously sticks her nose out over the threshold and if she senses anything cold or wet she backs up and bolts the other way. Once when I was carrying her out down the ice covered deck steps I lost it and smashed her face into the fence. Poor thing! I love your mustache pic!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Ooh, FB! I "like" you

Marie said...

It's snowing everywhere in blogland! Looks like your little muffins are just enjoying snow life out there though! Love your valentine decor by the way, especially the little hearts you hung up with your chandy.
Happy weekend Nita!
-marie

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

aww.. your babies look adorable! I love the snow mustache! I've wondered about the facebook thing but I don't think I'll go there with my blog. Let us know how you like it. I don't have a tweet account and don't plan to. Too much stuff to keep up with!

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

What a brave sweetie pie!

Anonymous said...

Nita,

You are the cutest! I absolutely LOVE the pups! Harvey didn't want his belly to be in the snow! That stuff is C-O-L-D! Violet reminds me of my late Border Collie/Gordon Setter mix; Scarlett. She LOVED the snow...she especially like to eat it! LOL We don't get much here in SC so it was and is a treat!

I'm sorry, I have forgotten, where do you live again?

Tara

Anonymous said...

Oh FYI Nita!

I am in the process of doing a bit of a redo of my blog and have started putting buttons up of my favorite design folks! You button is the first and went up this morning!

Tara

Cindi Myers said...

Ha! Once again, same wavelength!
I was just looking up Twitter on Google to see if it's something I should do because they were talking about on 2 different shows yesterday....about how it's not a passing phase but an important part of communication. And Facebook? I reluctantly set one up but I totally don't get it. I mean I was "friended" by someone who I used to run around with years ago and lives SIX blocks away and I KNOW has ignored me in the grocery store (which I was doing also because I was in a hurry) Hmmmm.
I don't understand it unless you have friends/family scattered all over the country.
But hey, I'll go over there and send you a "friend" request! LOL!

Cindi Myers said...

OOPS! How could I have forgotten!
I adore your little Harvey, his little face is just the cutest. I love that close-up photo! What a sweetie. And your Violet! Ha! Reminds me of my old guy, Griffin. He trudges around the yard, following in Blues footprints searching for "treasures" LOL!
XOXO - Cindi

very merry vintage style said...

Love that snow mustache--the pic should have the tagline: Got Snow?

We have so much snow I am walking my pup in the street just to get out--no sidewalks will be visible under our 23 inches of snow for quite some time.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I never tire of seeing the dogs :)

Vickie H. said...

LOVE THOSE PUPS!!!! LOVE 'EM!!!

Unknown said...

Which weenie it that with the snow mustashe? It is Sally?
Traci

Elizabeth said...

We have winter lasagna...snow, ice layer, snow, ice layer.

Oliver can run around on the top of the snow as I crunch and "fall" through to the bottom.

Doxies are so cute in the snow! Love Violet's snow mustache.