home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bathroom Sinks

If Only....
source: decorpad.com

If I could have any kind of bathroom sink,
 I'd have a vintage looking one with chrome legs or 
that silver sink I showed you last week. 

But I have to work with what I've got. 
I'm working on that project now.
I'll show very soon...but I know I'll still want a sink with chrome legs.

Newman is up to his terrible antics again.
I came in last night, late...about 1am and let the dogs out. 
All of a sudden they started barking terrible, crazy barks.
The kind that means something is not right.
Harvey came running in the house looking for me, found me and ran back towards the backdoor.
That scared me.

He had come to get his Momma.

By the time I got to the back door,
 Sally and Harvey were both inside running in circles and not planning on going back out. 
They were freaked out. Which scared me even more.

Violet was running the back fence and doing her high screamy bark. 
The one she only uses when she is frightened.

I could hear Newman barking and growling and he was no where in sight. 
I quickly realized he was in the far back corner of the yard behind the garage.
He is not suppose to go back there and that area is rabbit fenced off...but he got through somehow.
He was barking and growling and fussing at the back fence. I could hear another animal hissing.

Of course Newman would not come.
So I had to go in.
I got to Newman, afraid of what I was going to find.
This is what he was fighting...


It looked just like this but it was dark and even scarier. 
Those possums are quite mean when threatened.
He was backed into a corner and was hissing and hissing.

I scooped up Newman and back to the house we went. I was frightened to look at him for fear there would be blood all over him.

Back in the house and only one small scratch on his lip. 
I'm not sure if the possum did it or he did it to himself biting at the wire fencing.
I washed his mouth real good.
He did not like that.

We then went to bed and he refused to sleep in the bed and instead went back to sleeping under it. 
All night he was growling and whining like he was reliving that possum fight.

Very unsettling.
Today, I reinforced the fence. 
Because first thing this morning, Newman made a beeline toward it, 
hoping to find the possum there again. 
I am not going through that again....So I put up another layer of fencing. 
That should hold him for awhile.

Bad, Newman, very, very bad Newman. 
sharing at



11 comments:

René said...

What a brave little guy. Those possums don't play nice.

-Rene

Cindi Myers said...

First, before I forget, my bathroom looks exactly like photo #2, mirror and all! (OK, yeah I'm lying but I wish it was true!)
Second, OMG! How scary that must have been! To go out there and not be sure what you would find! Or what you might have to do! Thank God everyone was OK! Your little Newman sounds like my Ralphie - ready to fight to the death protecting his yard! And I gotta say that your little Harvey really touches my heart...the way he came running to find you!
Even with all the "drama" our doggies can stir up...just think how dull and empty our lives would be without them!
XOXO - Cindi

Amy Chalmers said...

I love your dog stories. How frightening for you and what a brave mommy to go and get naughty but tough Newman and rescue him!He is very brave, and was protecting the household I imagine.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well now, it's really just their nature to hunt and try to protect you. That face would have scared me right back into the house!
Brenda

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Bad Newman, but gosh, is he ever cute! Can't stay mad at that precious face for too long. So glad he wasn't hurt.
Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

Unknown said...

That Newman is a little stinker! Sounds like a wonderful watch dog though. I feel your pain regarding your bath redecorating. What I want and what I will probably get are waaay different. I sure need something done though. My bathrooms are in dire need of an update.

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

We are both thinking bathrooms this week! I agree, sinks with chrome legs are fabulous. I have had my eye on this one for my upstairs bathroom for quite sometime: http://www.americanstandard-us.com/bathroom-sinks/standard-collection-console-table/

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Glad the possum was chased away. Sounds like Newman is a very brave little guy!

Lindy said...

I'll bet you and Newman will never, ever see that possum again! Multiple dogs vs. single possum? -- Simple math!

Roeshel said...

Awe Newman the guard dog. Usually our Niski is the biggest chicken, barks at her own shadow. We call her the reluctant guard dog because she'll peek around a corner and reluctantly bark/growl if she hears something but a few weeks ago, a bat was in the house and she went crazy for it, even in her weak back-legged state, just bouncing trying to snap at it. I guess when it comes to really protecting the family, they step up. :)

R

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great vintage look sinks, I don't think I've seen this kind before, and poor pups, we have opposums around here and they can get pretty mean, especially if there are babies involved. Thanks for joining in for VIF, hope you're having a great weekend.
xo,
Debra