home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Flaming Lips House

This House Is On Fire!!!!







photo credit: photos 1, 2, 3, 4 by Joseph Mills - copyright Fitzsimmons Architects 2009 / photo 5 by John Whitaker - copyright Fitzsimmons Architects 2009

This is the Flaming Lips Home. It was designed by Fitzsimmons Architects and is owned by Wayne Coyne and Michelle Martin-Coyne.

 Wayne Coyne: Front Man of The Flaming Lips 
(Rock Music Icon)

Coyne is renovating the home and street he grew up on in Oklahoma City. The addition/renovation to their home is the central piece of a larger master plan developed for 6 adjoining properties in a blighted neighborhood of OKC. These properties, referred to as "the compound" are being transformed in stages.

Wayne's home will be part of this weekend's 

American Institute of Architects Tour being held this coming Saturday, April 17 from noon to 5pm.

For more information on taking the tour go to 


and for more photos of this amazing house go to 


That Wayne...he's definitely living the Mod Vintage Life! I'm usually not into futuristic stuff too much but I could live in this house. Or I at least I wish I had a miniature version of this that my Barbies could live in. This would be the coolest Barbie Dream House ever.

2 comments:

Tiina said...

oh wow, this house is amazing! imagine having chanpagne parties around the fireplace! and the tunnel.. how genious!

have a lovely day!
Tiina
http://elcestockholm.blogspot.com

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

This house is beyond imagination! I posted about the sweet award you gave to me at my blog! Come on by!I didn't finish yet, but it was fun!
~Nancy